Friday 19 September 2008



I completed Sunday the western section of the Trans Pennine Trail. I joined the trail at Sale Water Park, after following Route 55 from Farnworth to Stretford via the Bridgewater Canal to join it.

The trail then passes Warrington, Widnes and then turns to the north at Liverpool Airport. It then follows the old railway loop line all the way to Southport. The weather was sunny when I left home, became cool at Liverpool and the sun came out again at Southport.

The Trail along this section is almost flat; it’s mostly all off road, with short sections of quiet rods joining the paths. The signposts in Liverpool are almost non-existent, so I needed my maps. The end of the Trail (or the beginning) was a bit of a let down. Otherwise it’s a good ride.

Total distance 80 miles, 8 hours.

No comments: